27 June 2014

Lost and found...and finished!


I finished my first goldwork embroidery!  I had started it (with another one) at a course long ago, but then....I lost it!  Actually as it was a very delicate work I put it in a box thinking "this way it will be safe and sound" and then completely forgot where I had put it... So I never manage to complete it. 
Until a couple of days ago, while looking for something else (I keep losing things, I know!) I opened a box and ...Surprise, the two small goldwork embroideries were there!
I immediately started  working at this one, which was nearly completed, and indeed I finished it yesterday night. It's a golden pear, designed by Jenny Adin-Christie; the kit   is "Nutmeg and Pear Sprig"   and includes another  similar pattern, but with a silver nutmeg...Thanks to the excellent teaching of Luisella Strona ( who held the course I attended ) and the very complete kit directions, I finished it without problems... Now I'll start working at the nutmeg, which is just begun.
The second photo shows the relief  of the embroidery better...

Ho finito il mio primo ricamo in oro (goldwork) ! L'avevo iniziato (con un altro) ad un corso molto tempo fa, ma poi...L'avevo perso!  Siccome era un lavoro molto delicato, l'avevo messo in una scatola pensando "così starà al sicuro" e poi avevo completamente dimenticato dove fosse... Così non ero più riuscita a finirlo.
Finché un paio di giorni fa, mentre cercavo qualcos'altro ( ebbene sì, io continuo a perdere tutto!) , ho aperto una scatola e... Sorpresa, i due ricami erano lì!
Ho cominciato subito a lavorare a questo, che era quasi finito, e infatti sono riuscita a completarlo ieri sera. E' una pera, disegnata da Jenny Adin-Christie; il kit è "Nutmeg and Pear Sprig" e include anche un altro disegno simile, ma con una noce moscata d'argento...Grazie agli ottimi insegnamenti di Luisella Strona (la mia maestra al corso)  e alle istruzioni molto complete del kit, l'ho  finito senza problemi... Adesso comincerò a lavorare alla noce moscata, che è appena iniziata.
La seconda foto mostra meglio il rilievo del ricamo...

21 June 2014

Well...

...The preparation of that room for painting  took much more than a couple of weeks!
Actually I was stopped for about 10 days by a bad back pain I caused myself by exercising as soon as I got up... I thought it might be a good idea, but obviously it was not! I think I've learnt my lesson :-)

I finished today, after using more than 400 nails to fix cork tiles properly and 1.5 kilos of model putty to fill the gaps between tiles...
I'm sorry for the bad quality photo (I took it with my phone, and I think it shows I'm a fan of very basic phones...)  but I really wanted to celebrate the end of this long work!

Now at last I'll be able to start painting!
----------------------------------------------
(Italiano)
Alla fine ci sono volute più di un paio di settimane per preparare quella stanza per l'imbiancatura!
In realtà sono anche rimasta bloccata per una decina di giorni da un "colpo della strega" che mi sono procurata facendo esercizi appena alzata... Pensavo potesse essere una buona idea, ma evidentemente non è stato così!  Penso di aver imparato la lezione :-)

Ho finito oggi, dopo aver piantato piu' di 400 chiodi per fissare bene le piastrelle di sughero che iniziavano a scollarsi  e usato  un chilo e mezzo di stucco speciale per riempire le fessure...
Mi spiace per la scarsa qualità della foto (l'ho fatta con il cellulare, e penso si veda che è un modello molto "di base"..)  ma volevo festeggiare la fine di questo lungo lavoro! 

Adesso finalmente potrò cominciare a  dipingere...