Daily life

“The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life”
(William Morris , 1834 -1896)

There is going to be a lot more of "daily life" in my life! Having to leave my office job at the end of next month, and with no realistic perspective of finding another place as employee (not at my age, not with two children, not in Italy...IT jobs are migrating very far Eastwards), I guess my like in 2010 will be a lot different from now.
But this will be an occasion to try something new; to see if what had always been hobbies in my life could become my work...I would have never have the courage to try if I hadn't been obliged to, I'm sure of this. But maybe one day I will know I did the right choice.
For the moment the future is very nebulous and uncertain, and all I can do is appreciate "all the details of daily life"... William Morris was right, after all.

Comments