Italia Invita 2011



I'm back after  Blogger's blackouts and  a few  unexpectedly busy days! These are some of the threads I bought at Italia Invita, the fair on embroidery and textile crafts  that is held in Parma every other year...
This was the second time I visited it, and  I spent there all the day (Saturday 14) , from the moment it opened until  visitors were advised to leave the fair as it was closing.
I chose not to attend any "atelier" (mini-courses of a couple of hours giving some notion of a technique) ; there were many interesting ones, but I need a bit of concentration and silence to learn new things... A crowded table with lots of people passing-by and looking is not for me, sorry!  No, actually I wasn't sorry, because this left me with most freedom to walk around and see everything!
I discovered Philippa Naylor's amazing quilts at the quilt exhibition that was at the entrance... And the marvellous works that participated to the competitions. Here are some of the winners .
The fair was very well organized, with commercial stands well separated from those of schools and associations that were showing their works, and the large spaces didn't make it seem crowded (though I read that visitors were a lot more than last edition, which is a nice thing!)

But this fair was great also because it was an occasion to meet friends I see only on this occasion, that is when embroiderers from all Italy (and abroad) converge to the same place! Some of them live very far from me and never come to Milano, others I knew only through the internet and I met them  there for the first time..Every time Italia Invita is a happy occasion to meet old and new friends!
I didn't buy many books ...At first  I thought I would buy them later in the day so that I wouldn't have to carry them around all day long , but when the moment came, I decided I had already spent too much in threads and bought just two books, one on Punto Umbro and another (a French book) on Cilaos. But actually even  just these books will be enough to keep me busy for a long time! I don't know _anything_ at all about these techniques (only that I like them and would like to learn them...) so it will be already a nice challenge -and a lot of work- to put these books' teachings in practice!

Sono di ritorno dopo i blackout di Blogger e alcuni giorni inaspettatamente inaffarati!
Questi sono alcuni dei filati che ho comprato a Italia Invita ,, la fiera sul ricamo e le arti tessili che si tiene a Parma ogni due anni.
Questa e' stata lamia seconda visita, e ci ho passato tutto il giorno (Sabato 14), dal momento in cui ha aperto fino a quando i visitatori non sono stati invitati a uscire perche' la fiera stava chiudendo.
Ho scelto di non frequentare nessun "atelier" (mini-corsi di un paio d'ore che insegnano qualche nozione di una tecnica) ; ce n'erano diversi di interessanti, ma a me servono concentrazione e di silenzio per imparare nuove cose... Un tavolo affollato con un sacco di persone che passano vicino e guardano non fa per me, mi spiace! In realta' non mi e' nemmeno dispiaciuto, perche' questo mi ha lasciata piu' libera di girare e vedere ogni cosa!
Ho scoperto gli splendidi quilt di Philippa Naylor nella mostra che c'era all'ingresso della fiera... E i lavori meravigliosi che hanno partecipato ai concorsi. Ecco alcuni dei vincitori .


Ma questa fiera e' stata bellissima anche perche' e' stata l'occasione per incontrare amiche che vedo solo qui; 
 Alcune vivono molto lontano e non capitano mai a Milano, altre le conoscevo solo via internet e le ho incontrate qui per la prima volta... Ogni volta Italia Invita e' un'occasione per incontrare amiche vecchie e nuove!
Non ho comprato molti libri...All'inizio pensavo che li avrei comprati piu' tardi nella giornata per evitare di doverli portare in giro per tutto il giorno, ma quando il momento e' venuto , ho deciso che avevo gia' speso troppo in filati e ho comprato solo due libri, uno sul Punto Umbro e uno (in francese) sul Cilao.  Comunque anche solo questi due libri saranno sufficienti a tenermi occupata per un bel po'  di tempo! Non conosco _niente_ di queste tecniche (solo che mi piacciono e mi piacerebbe impararle), cosi' sara' gia' una bella sfida -e un sacco di lavoro- riuscire a mettere in pratica gli insegnamenti di questi libri!

Comments