Pulled thread work

Some time ago started a new embroidery, a sampler of pulled thread work ...This is an old photo, I took some other more recently and I'm sure downloaded it to my computer, but I can't find them anymore :-(.  I guess I must have filed them in some wrong folders and I'll find them in a few months while looking for something else....
Qualche tempo fa ho iniziato  un nuovo ricamo, un sampler  a retini...Questa e' una vecchia foto, ne ho fatte altre piu' recentemente e sono sicura di averle scaricate sul mio pc, ma non riesco piu' a trovarle :-( . Penso di averle archiviate in qualche cartella sbagliata, le trovero' tra qualche mese cercando qualcos'altro...

 
I used a multicolour thread (that's why colours look to change slightly..It's not a light effect of the photo) , but on the whole I think I'r rather like  a monochromatic embroidery, so I don't think it was a good choice. It improved a bit when more complete (as the lost photos would have showed) , but I remained unconvinced...I'll probably try another piece in white (or in another colour).
Ho usato un filo multicolore (ecco perche' sembrano esserci diversi colori...Non e' un effetto ottico della foto), ma nel complesso penso che mi sarebbe piaciuto di piu un ricamo monocromatico, non mi sembra sia stata una buona scelta. E' migliorato leggermente andando avanti con il lavoro(come si sarebbe visto nelle foto che ho perso), ma non mi convince... Probabilmente provero' a fare un altro pezzo in bianco (o di un altro colore).

Comments

Anonymous said…
very pretty, is there a pattern or book you used? and what fabric please? I'd like to try!! I love your blog and glad you post more.
Audrey
USA
Elena said…
Hi Audrey, I'm happy you like my blog!
I'm not following any pattern, I'm just testing various pulled-treads fillings; my main inspiration is "pulled thread embroidery" by Moyra McNeill, but I'm making variations and testing different solutions..
The fabric is a 25 count Sotema linen called T103 http://www.italian-needlecrafts.com/joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=173&category_id=12&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=64
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the answer I found you Blog/shop mentioned in two places Mary Colberts NeedleandThread and Jeanne from Canada Italian-Needlwork Blog when I can would love to order threads for cutwork and hemstiching Thanks Audrey